MUNICIPAL OR CIVIL DESIGNER
Engage Engineering is a small consulting engineering firm based in Peterborough that provides civil engineering services to public and private sector clients. We place an emphasis on customer service by developing and maintaining strong relationships with our clients. We believe this helps us better understand our client’s needs and deliver unique solutions tailored to those needs. Engage is not just our company name, it’s our business philosophy.
Engage is currently seeking a Civil Designer / Engineer in Training to join our team. The position is responsible for the design of civil elements including grading, drainage, storm and sanitary sewers, roads and the preparation of engineering drawings using Civil3D. You will play a key role in managing and interacting with clients and there will be opportunities for field work including survey and construction inspection.
Typical projects include residential, commercial and industrial site plans, subdivisions, and municipal road reconstruction projects. A solid background in design and a strong understanding of AutoCAD Civil 3D is an asset. Ultimately, we’re interested in a team member that shares the same values of Engage and is looking to grow with our firm.
- We believe that our staff are unique and talented individuals. As a company we provide an environment where they are supported and encouraged to achieve their goals. Our company culture is built on the foundation of individual responsibility, and self-initiative. We believe that ownership of the project, and ownership in the company itself, is vital to our client relationships and quality of our product. At Engage, clients deal directly with owners of the company, who have a vested interest in the success of every project.
- We understand the importance of work-life balance, for the wellbeing of our employees and for the benefit it brings to our workplace. We continuously strive to ensure the right balance between work and life for both our staff and clients.
- We recognize that we have the opportunity to impact and shape our communities through our work, our actions and our choices. We are actively engaged in our community through corporate volunteerism, participation in charitable initiatives and support of local causes. Being part of the community means doing our part to make it a better place to live and work.
- Someone with the ability to interact with our clients is an essential core quality. Engage is rooted in providing strong customer service and client relationships and an important aspect of this position is developing and managing relationships with clients.
- Someone who is highly motivated, hardworking and an enthusiastic team player.
- A diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or related Engineering Degree is required.
We’re looking for the right person to join our team, someone who shares our culture and core values. Please send your resume along with a cover letter explaining why you want to work at Engage and why this position is right for you. We look forward to hearing from you.