Municipal Designer (Remote or Hybrid)
Engage Engineering is an employee-owned consulting engineering firm based in Peterborough Ontario Canada. We were founded as a small two-person start up in 2014 and have since grown to an energetic and talented team of close to 20 engineers, technologists and support staff. Engage provides civil engineering services to both municipal and private sector clients. We specialize in Municipal Infrastructure, Residential/Commercial/Industrial Land Development, Water Resources and Construction services. We place an emphasis on our high quality of work and customer service by developing and maintaining strong relationships with our clients, approval agencies and project teams.
Engage is looking for an eager Civil Technologist/Technician to join our Municipal design team as we grow our team. As part of the Municipal team you will be responsible for the design of municipal infrastructure and land development projects which include roads, sewers, watermain, site grading, site layout, stormwater management systems and site servicing. Clear, concise, and high quality engineering design and drawings is a main focus. But you won’t just be doing design work, you will play a key role in design coordination with the project team, clients and approval agencies; supporting the Construction Services department with Contract Administration and inspection will also be part of the position. A solid background in design and a strong understanding of AutoCAD Civil 3D is a requirement. This position is available as both a work from home or hybrid option.
What you need – Position Requirements
- A civil engineering degree/diploma or equivalent with minimum 5 years of experience in design of municipal infrastructure
- Experience in the design of municipal infrastructure and residential/site development
- Fluent understanding of AutoCAD Civil 3D software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Experience managing multiple designs concurrently
- Highly motivated, hardworking and an enthusiastic team player
- Experience in design coordination with project team, clients and approval agencies
- Excellent communication skills
- Member of OACETT an asset
- Valid driver’s license an asset
What we Offer
- Competitive compensation and benefit packages with RRSP matching and profit sharing
- Generous annual vacation package with personal time off
- Flexible work options including work from home or hybrid alternatives to ensure work/life balance
- Focus on mentorship, professional development, training and career progression opportunities
- Positive work culture including regular team building events and recreational opportunities
- Challenging work on a variety of projects with a talented and open-minded team
At Engage we focus on building strong relationships among our staff, clients, projects teams and local agencies. We support our high quality work and technical expertise with a personalized and collaborative approach to our work. This along with a positive and strong workplace culture has provided for steady growth at Engage since it’s start in 2014. We are looking for a team member to help us continue this growth and development into the future!
Engage Engineering is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For accommodation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org