Municipal or Civil Designer –
Engage Engineering is a small consulting engineering firm based in Peterborough that provides civil engineering services to public and private sector clients. We place an emphasis on customer service by developing and maintaining strong relationships with our clients. We believe this helps us better understand our client’s needs and deliver unique solutions tailored to those needs. Engage is not just our company name, it’s our business philosophy.
Engage is currently seeking a Civil Designer / Engineer in Training to join our team. Typical projects include residential, commercial, and industrial site plans, subdivisions, and municipal road reconstruction projects. A solid background in design and a strong understanding of AutoCAD Civil 3D is an asset, but ultimately, we’re interested in a team member that shares the same values of Engage and is looking to grow with our firm.
- Design civil elements including grading, drainage, roads, storm and sanitary sewers.
- Prepare engineering drawings using Civil3D.
- Play a key role managing and interacting with clients.
- Opportunities for field work including survey and construction inspection.
Capabilities and Credentials
- Civil Engineering Technology Diploma
- Proven experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D software (1-5 years)
- Previous experience in consulting or a similar professional office environment to be an asset.
- Previous experience with inspecting municipal servicing construction to be an asset.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multitask.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Someone with the ability to interact with our clients is an essential core quality. Engage is rooted in providing strong customer service and client relationships and an important aspect of this position is developing and managing relationships with clients.
- Someone who is highly motivated, hardworking and an enthusiastic team player.
Engage Engineering offers competitive salary, flexible and rewarding work environment and group retirement and benefit plans.
We’re looking for the right person to join our team, someone who shares our culture and core values. Please send your resume along with a cover letter explaining why you want to work at Engage and why this position is right for you. We look forward to hearing from you.
Engage Engineering is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For accommodation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org